- Investigations into 4D printing of lightweight structures
- Topology optimization of industrial components
- Topology optimization and manufacturing of triply periodic minimal surfaces (TPMS) metamaterials using selective laser melting (SLM) 3D printer
About Mr. Roudbarian
Nima Roudbarian's research background focuses on the shape memory behavior of smart materials with emphasis on metamaterial, triply periodic minimal surface, and origami structures that are produced by 4D printing method.
Nima was working as a research assistant at the Smart Materials and Structures (SMS) Laboratory, at the University of Tehran for close to four years. Also, for several months, he was working as a researcher at RWTH Aachen Institute of Textile Technology (ITA). He works as a scientific staff at the Institute of Structural Mechanics and Lightweight Design (SLA) since September 2023.
His current research interests are in the topology optimization of components in aerospace, automotive, and biomedical industries.
- Fundamentals of Lightweight Design (FLD)
- Processes and Principles for Lightweight Design (PPLD)